Flavorful Grilled Shrimp and Avocado Salad with a wonderfully tangy Lemon Mustard Vinaigrette. A wonderful main dish salad.
I marinated the shrimp in a little olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper for about 30 minutes then I put the shrimp on the grill. The combination of shrimp and avocados in this salad is perfect and the lemon mustard vinaigrette is a tangy, delicate addition.
Grilled Shrimp and Avocado Salad with Lemon Mustard Vinaigrette
- 1 cup of shrimp , peeled and deveined
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 cups lettuce
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup red onion , chopped
- 1 in avocado , peeled and sliced half with the seed removed
LEMON MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- pinch of pepper
- TO MAKE THE MARINADE
- Place the shrimp in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Pour over the shrimp and marinade for about 30 minutes.
- TO GRILL THE SHRIMP
- Place the shrimp on a grill at medium high heat. Grill the shrimp for 3-4 minutes on one side and turn the shrimp over and grill for another 3-4 minutes or until the shrimp turn pink. Remove the shrimp from the grill and set aside.
- TO ASSEMBLE THE SALAD
- Place the lettuce in a large bowl. Slice the cherry tomatoes in half and scatter the tomatoes over the lettuce. Add the chopped onion.
- Place the grilled shrimp over the salad. Slice the avocado into strips and add to the salad. Whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients together in a small bowl. Drizzle over salad. Serve.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.