This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These perfect Gingerbread Bars bring together all the flavors of the season in one simple treat.
These delicious Gingerbread Bars are my family’s favorites. Gingerbread bars are lovely to enjoy anytime during the holidays, they bring together all the flavors of the season in one simple treat.
This is a recipe I’ve been making for years. For some reason, I’ve never had much success with making Gingerbread Men. My cut-out gingerbread cookies are always either too thin or too doughy. With these gingerbread bars, I don’t have to worry about that. They’re so moist and buttery and are absolute holiday perfection.
These gingerbread bars have the perfect amounts of ginger, cinnamon and molasses that make gingerbread so special. Since they’re so easy to make, you might find yourself doing what I do, keeping a batch always made to enjoy throughout the holidays.
Enjoy them with milk, hot chocolate, a cup of tea or by themselves!
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/4 cups unsalted butter , room temperature (2 1/2 sticks)
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar , firmly packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/3 cup molasses
- Confectioners sugar (for dusting)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9 by 13-inch baking pan with butter.
- Combine flour, salt, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon and cloves in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Beat butter and sugars in a large bowl with electric mixer on high speed for 3 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, combine well after each addition.
- Add vanilla and molasses, and mix on medium speed until combined.
- Gently stir in flour mixture.
- Spread batter evenly in pan and bake about 30 to 35 minutes, until edges just begin to harden. Cool completely and cut into squares.
- Dust with confectioners sugar, if desired.