Fruity Nut Balls – These all-natural balls are filled with dried peaches, shredded coconut, walnuts and peanut butter. They’re an easy to make, healthy and delicious after school snack.
I’m always experimenting with different ingredient combinations and different recipes to make for after-school snacks for my kids. Finding healthy snack options can be a little tricky and I find that if I want my kids to eat a snack that’s on the healthy side, I usually have to make it myself. I really don’t mind, especially when I make a recipe that’s as simple as these yummy fruit and nut balls. These all-natural balls are filled with dried peaches, shredded coconut, walnuts and peanut butter. They’re an easy to make, healthy and delicious after school snack.
I put all of the ingredients in my food processor and pulse several times. The food processor gets the dried peaches, coconut and walnuts finely chopped and the peanut butter holds it all together. I use peanut butter that I make at home and you can find that recipe here, or you can use any store-bought brand of peanut butter you prefer. You can find dried peaches in the dried fruit section of your local grocery, Sun-maid is the brand I use. You might also find dried peaches in the bulk food aisle of your grocery.
These delicious, nutritious and easy to make Fruity Nut Balls are a perfect after school or anytime snack.
Fruity Nut Balls
- 1/2 cup dried peaches
- 1/4 cup coconut , shredded
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- Combine the dried peaches, coconut and walnuts in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until the peaches and walnuts have broken down (about 1 minute).
- Add the peanut butter and pulse several times until well combined.
- Roll the "dough" into balls and place on a plate or a piece of parchment paper.
- Put them in the freezer for 5 minutes so they can harden up a bit.
Other recipes you might like…