Delicious, healthy and Gluten-Free 3-Ingredient Date Bars - only dates, cashews and shredded unsweetened coconut are all you need to make these delectable energy bars.
Three ingredients, that's it! These gluten-free 3 ingredient date bars are easy to make, they taste great and are so good for you. I keep them in my fridge for a healthy after school snack for my kids, a snack after a workout or just when I have a craving for a little something sweet.
These date bars are so simple to make. I toss everything into my food processor and blend it until it's smooth and has the consistency of cookie dough...
I played around with the ratios, but eventually settled on 8 ounces of pitted dates, 2 cups of raw cashews and 1/4 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut.
Press the "date dough" into a pan. I used a 9 x 13-inch baking pan for these pictures and my date bars where thin, which I happen to like. I've also made the date bars in 8 x 8-pans and cut them into squares. Either way, they taste the same :).
Chill and slice...
3 Ingredient Date Bars
- 8 ounces dates , pitted
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Combine the dates, cashews and coconut in a food processor. Pulse a few times to break the ingredients up.
- Process continuously for 20 seconds. Scrape the edges of the bowl to make sure none of the ingredients are sticking to the sides.
- Continue to process until a ball is formed, about 2 minutes.
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper and pour out the date mixture. Spread out the dough by pressing down with your hands. Cover and chill for at least an hour.
- Unwrap the chilled dough and cut into squares or rectangles. Wrap each bar in plastic wrap or wax paper.
- Store in the refrigerator.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.