Let me begin this post by saying that puppy chow is not for puppies. In fact, it's not for animals or four-legged creatures of any kind.
Why, you ask, do they call it puppy chow?!
I haven't a clue, but what I do know for sure is that white chocolate puppy chow is the easiest to make, and the best tasting sweet snack I've come across in a long time!
I love the flavors of peanut butter and white chocolate together and when dusted with the powdered sugar.....puts it over the edge for me! I get weak in my knees and have no willpower. So good!!
It's a perfect game day treat or a snack for movie night and it keeps well in a sealed container so you can make it ahead of time.
White Chocolate Puppy Chow
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 9 cups Chex cereal
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- In a large saucepan, over medium-low heat, melt the butter; add the peanut butter and stir until smooth. Add the chocolate chips and continue to stir until melted.
- Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla.
- Add Chex cereal and mix until thoroughly coated.
- Place the powdered sugar in a large ziplock bag. Add the cereal-peanut butter mixture to the bag. Shake the bag gently to evenly coat each piece of the puppy chow with the powdered sugar. (You might need to divide the mixture into smaller batches, coating one batch at a time).
- Transfer to a large serving bowl and stir in extra powdered sugar if necessary.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.