This is a sponsored post written on behalf of Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Light and flaky Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry, fresh strawberries, a creamy no-bake cheesecake filling, and a sweet strawberry sauce come together to make these quick and easy Strawberry Cheesecake Puffs…
My family and I entertain in the summer more than any other time of the year. Having kids and a swimming pool means we are outside just about every day. During the months of May, June and July, we also celebrate several family birthdays. So, between birthday celebrations and simple summer fun, parties happen almost weekly.
When we have family and friends visiting, I always like to have something special to serve them. Desserts are usually the most fun for me to make but I like to keep them simple. It is summer after all, and I certainly don’t like spending a whole lot of time baking or cooking. I want to be outside with the rest of the group, having fun.
These easy-to-make Strawberry Cheesecake Puffs make it look like I spent hours in the kitchen. In reality, they took minutes to make.
For this recipe, I use Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry because it’s not only easy to work with but these puff pastry sheets can take a simple recipe and transform it into something truly special.
This fantastic dessert is all about layers. I’ve got a layer of Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry on the bottom and it’s topped with a thick layer of no-bake cheesecake cream. On top of the cream, I add a layer of fresh, sliced strawberries and top them with a homemade strawberry sauce. Finally, to add a top to all of this deliciousness, I place another piece of puff pastry on top of the filling layers and garnish with a sprinkle of powdered sugar.
Strawberry Cheesecake Puffs are so pretty and perfect to serve at the simplest or the most elegant of parties. These desserts would also be lovely served at any 4th of July gathering too. To add a little blue to the red strawberries and the white cheesecake filling, scatter a few blueberries around.
Here’s how these Strawberry Cheesecake Puffs come together…
Open up the package of Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry and thaw on the counter according to package directions. This will take about 30-40 minutes.
Unfold the pastry and you will notice that it is folded in three sections. Cut along the seams of each section.
Next, cut each strip in half crosswise, making 6 pastry rectangles in all. Place the pastry rectangles onto a baking sheet and bake in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes until lightly browned.
While the puff pastry is baking, make the strawberry sauce…
Combine sliced strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice in a saucepan over medium heat. Mash the mixture with a potato masher until the strawberries are softened and the sugar dissolves.
Continue to cook the strawberies and the mixture will thicken. Remove from the heat and cool completely.
When the puff pastry rectangles are done, remove the tray from the oven to cool. Meanwhile, prepare the cheesecake filling by mixing together cream cheese, sugar and heavy cream.
Slice each puff pastry rectangle in half lengthwise and spread a layer of the cheesecake filling, topped with a layer of fresh strawberries and a spoonful of the strawberry sauce.
Now, place the other puff pastry rectangle on top and sprinkle a little powdered sugar over the top…
Another thing I love about these Strawberry Cheesecake Puffs is that you can make each element of the dessert ahead of time. The puff pastry rectangles can be baked and stored in an airtight container until you’re ready to use them. The no-bake cheesecake mixture and the strawberry sauce can also be made a day ahead and kept in the refrigerator. This makes for a super easy dessert that will come together very quickly.
Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry is so easy to work with. It’s made with the same basic ingredients as pie pastry, but the dough is folded multiple times to create layers. When baked, steam makes the layers rise about 8 times higher. You can use Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry in a variety of recipes, from desserts to appetizers to main dishes.
Last week, I attended a Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Birthday Party with a few blogging friends and had the opportunity to sample all kinds of different party dishes made with Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry. I was amazed at all the different ways Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry could be used. We tasted Burger Bites, Pizza Tarts, Mini Banana Cream Pies and Candy Cupcakes. I discovered that Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry is the perfect blank canvas to let your creativity shine. It can take home entertaining from ordinary to extraordinary.
Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry can be found in the freezer isle of grocery stores nationwide.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post on behalf of Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry. All opinions expressed are my own.
Puff pastry, strawberries, a no-bake cheesecake filling, and a strawberry sauce come together to make these quick and easy Strawberry Cheesecake Puffs...
- 1 sheet of Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry , thawed (1/2 box)
- 1 cup strawberries , fresh, sliced
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 8 ounce package of cream cheese , softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 cup strawberries , fresh, sliced
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Unfold the puff pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface, such as a large cutting board. Cut the pastry sheet into 3 strips along the fold marks. Next, cut each strip in half making 6 rectangles.
- Place each pastry rectangle onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree F oven for 15 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely on an oven rack. Set aside or store in an airtight container until ready to use.
- TO MAKE THE STRAWBERRY FILLING
- Combine strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice in a small saucepan over medium heat. Mash mixture with a potato masher until the strawberries are softened and the sugar dissolves.
- Increase heat to high and bring the mixture to a boil. Boil, stirring often to prevent mixture from sticking to pan, until thick, about 5 minutes. Remove pan from heat and cool completely.
- TO MAKE THE CHEESECAKE FILLING
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and cream together until smooth, about 3 minutes. Set aside or refrigerate until ready to assemble.
- TO ASSEMBLE
- Split each pastry into 2 layers, making 12 in all.
- Evenly divide the cream cheese mixture between each of the bottom layers and spread with the back of a spoon or a knife.
- Top the cream cheese mixture with a layer of sliced strawberries.
- Top the strawberries with the strawberry filling.
- Top with the top pastry layer.
- Garnish with powdered sugar.
Other recipes you might enjoy…