Light and flaky Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry, fresh strawberries, a creamy no-bake cheesecake filling, and a sweet strawberry sauce come together to make these quick and easy Strawberry Cheesecake Puffs...
Why This Recipe Works
- These easy-to-make Strawberry Cheesecake Puffs make it look like I spent hours in the kitchen. In reality, they took minutes to make.
- This dessert is all about layers. A layer of puff pastry on the bottom, topped with a thick layer of no-bake cheesecake cream. Then topped with a layer of fresh strawberries with a homemade strawberry sauce. Finally, a puff pastry on top of the filling layers and garnished with a sprinkle of powdered sugar.
- Strawberry Cheesecake Puffs are so pretty and perfect to serve at the simplest or the most elegant of parties.
See recipe box below for ingredient amounts and full recipe instructions.
- Puff Pastry: I used Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry. Feel free to use any puff pastry that you'd like.
- Strawberries: Fresh, sliced strawberries used for the layers and filling.
- Sugar: 1 cup of granulated sugar provides the perfect amount of sweetness.
- Lemon Juice: I prefer using freshly squeezed lemon juice. If you only have bottled lemon juice, that is perfectly okay to use.
- Cream Cheese: Make sure you use cream cheese from a block of real cream cheese, not cream cheese spread. Also, make sure it's room temperature.
- Heavy Cream: Also called double cream, this is the "secret" ingredient to a thick no-bake cheesecake filling.
- Powdered Sugar: Used to garnish pastries.
How to Make This Recipe
- Open up the package of puff pastry and thaw on the counter, according to package directions. This will take about 30-40 minutes.
2. Unfold the pastry. You will notice that it is folded in three sections. Cut along the seams of each section.
3. Next, cut each strip in half crosswise, making 6 pastry rectangles in all. Place the pastry rectangles onto a baking sheet and bake in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes until lightly browned.
While the puff pastry is baking, make the strawberry sauce...
4. Combine sliced strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice in a saucepan over medium heat. Mash the mixture with a potato masher until the strawberries are softened and the sugar dissolves.
5. Continue to cook the strawberries and the mixture will thicken. Remove from the heat and cool completely.
6. When the puff pastry rectangles are done, remove the tray from the oven to cool. Meanwhile, prepare the cheesecake filling by mixing together cream cheese, sugar and heavy cream.
7. Slice each puff pastry rectangle in half lengthwise and spread a layer of the cheesecake filling, topped with a layer of fresh strawberries and a spoonful of the strawberry sauce.
8. Now, place the other puff pastry rectangle on top and sprinkle a little powdered sugar over the top...
- You can make each element of the dessert ahead of time. The puff pastry rectangles can be baked and stored in an airtight container until you're ready to use them. The no-bake cheesecake mixture and the strawberry sauce can also be made a day ahead and kept in the refrigerator.
- If you have Puff Pastry leftover, it keeps well in freezer. Just freeze them in a single layer on a baking sheet, and wrap them well. They can be stored in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.
Ways To Use Leftover Ingredients
If you have any ingredients leftover from this strawberry cheesecake puffs recipe, you might like to consider using them in any of these single serving and small batch recipes:
- Puff pastry: Chicken Pot Pie, Apple and Pear Galette
- Strawberries: Strawberry Shortcake, Strawberry Icebox Cake
- Lemon juice: Lemon Curd, Alfredo Sauce
- Heavy cream: Whipped Cream, Clotted Cream
Strawberry Cheesecake Puffs
- 1 sheet of Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry , thawed (1/2 box)
- 1 cup strawberries , fresh, sliced
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 8 ounce package of cream cheese , softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 cup strawberries , fresh, sliced
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Unfold the puff pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface, such as a large cutting board. Cut the pastry sheet into 3 strips along the fold marks. Next, cut each strip in half making 6 rectangles.
- Place each pastry rectangle onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree F oven for 15 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely on an oven rack. Set aside or store in an airtight container until ready to use.
- TO MAKE THE STRAWBERRY FILLING
- Combine strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice in a small saucepan over medium heat. Mash mixture with a potato masher until the strawberries are softened and the sugar dissolves.
- Increase heat to high and bring the mixture to a boil. Boil, stirring often to prevent mixture from sticking to pan, until thick, about 5 minutes. Remove pan from heat and cool completely.
- TO MAKE THE CHEESECAKE FILLING
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and cream together until smooth, about 3 minutes. Set aside or refrigerate until ready to assemble.
- TO ASSEMBLE
- Split each pastry into 2 layers, making 12 in all.
- Evenly divide the cream cheese mixture between each of the bottom layers and spread with the back of a spoon or a knife.
- Top the cream cheese mixture with a layer of sliced strawberries.
- Top the strawberries with the strawberry filling.
- Top with the top pastry layer.
- Garnish with powdered sugar.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.