Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispies Treats, the season of fall is captured in these tried and true dessert treats.
Are you looking for a way to take a favorite, easy to make dessert like Rice Krispie treats into the holidays? Well, look no further than this recipe for Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispies Treats. I’ve taken these delicious tried and true dessert treats and infused the season of fall into them.
I combined canned pumpkin with cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and cloves…all the spices of the season to create these delicious little treats.
An easy and fun recipe to bring in the season!
Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispies Treats
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 4 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- pinch cloves
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- Butter a 9x13-inch baking dish and set aside. ( If you want thicker rice krispies treats, use a smaller pan)
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Add the pumpkin and stir until smooth. Pour in the marshmallows and stir until melted. Remove from the heat.
- Add the vanilla and the spices and mix well.
- Allow to cool for about 10 minutes. (This is important, otherwise you'll end up with soggy treats)
- Pour in the crispy rice cereal. Stir until combined.
- Transfer to a baking dish. Allow to sit for about 10 minutes. Cut into 2 inch squares and serve.