Roasting strawberries is magical. Something amazing happens when strawberries are roasted in the oven. Their flavors become stronger and they create a lovely juice. Enjoy them with this delightful Strawberry and Brie Crostini…
I think I might have jumped onto this bandwagon a little late, but I’m so happy I’m on it!
I’ve recently discovered roasted strawberries. It seems most people have already discovered this tasty way of preparing strawberries, so I guess I’m a little behind on this trend. No worries though, I’m on it now and I’ve been experimenting with roasting all kinds of fruits. Some results have been good, others not so much…
I’ll have more on that later…
Roasting strawberries is magical. Something amazing happens when strawberries are roasted in the oven. Their flavors become stronger and they create a lovely juice. I can imagine that roasted strawberries would be a perfect topping for pancakes, waffles or tarts and I’m especially looking forward to making a roasted strawberry ice cream in the next day or so.
I decided to make a Roasted Strawberry and Brie Crostini with my roasted strawberries and it was indeed magical. The warm, roasted strawberries scattered on top of thick slices of brie melted the brie nicely on the toasted bread. We enjoyed this crostini Sunday morning while having coffee and reading the newspaper outside. These “little toasts” were perfect for a light bite and would be a nice snack any time of the day.
If you haven’t jumped on this roasted strawberry bandwagon yet, I urge you to give them a try. You’ll love them!
How To Roast Strawberries and A Recipe For Strawberry and Brie Crostini
- 1 quart strawberries , hulled and sliced in half
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
STRAWBERRY AND BRIE CROSTINI
- Loaf of french bread
- 8 ounce wheel of brie
- strawberries , roasted
- TO ROAST STRAWBERRIES
- Heat an oven to 425 degree F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. (A rimmed baking sheet is important because when roasted, the strawberries will make lots of juice).
- Drizzle the maple syrup and olive oil over the strawberries in the pan. Sprinkle the salt over the top and mix well with a spoon or use your hands to make sure everything is blended well.
- Place the strawberries in the oven for 15 minutes and remove.
- Pour the strawberries and all their juices into a bowl and drizzle the balsamic vinegar over them. Stir well.
- TO ASSEMBLE THE CROSTINI
- Slice several slices of the french bread and toast both sides. Add a few slices of brie and top with the roasted strawberries.
Thank you so much for reading! Are you following us on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram? We’d love to connect, drop by and say hello! If you’d like to read more from ZagLeft, be sure to subscribe to never miss a post!
As a gift to our readers, subscribers can receive our free eCookbook.