Last Updated on
Just because a dessert doesn’t take hours to prepare, doesn’t mean it isn’t great.
Take this easy to make Banana Cream Pie for example, it’s made with a few simple ingredients and tastes so good!
It really is true, guys. Easier is often better. How many times do your find yourself heading out to a party or potluck and need to bring a dessert and have very little time to prepare it? Or what about the times you just want to impress. You want a dessert that’s pretty yet simple too.
This recipe is foolproof. I’ve been making it for years. Using just vanilla wafers, bananas and instant pudding you can put together this dreamy dessert in minutes.
Here’s all you do…
To start, line a pie plate with vanilla wafers for the crust…
Then, slice 3-4 bananas and scatter them over the vanilla wafers…
Next, mix together a large box of vanilla pudding and milk and pour the pudding over the bananas…
If you can wait, place the pie in the refrigerator so it can firm up then top with whipped cream if you like.
Look at how the pudding gets between the vanilla wafers. Oooh...love that!
I also love the thick chunks of bananas in every bite.
Serve it up in pretty dessert cups and you’ve got a winning dessert.
Have you got a dessert that you love to make and takes very little time? Leave the name of your dessert in the comments please.
Other recipes you might like…
Easy Banana Cream Pie
- 25-30 vanilla wafers (depending on the size of your pie plate)
- 2 oz packages vanilla flavored pudding (3.4 . each)
- 3 cups milk
- 3 medium bananas , sliced
- whipped cream (optional)
- Line a pie plate with the vanilla wafers.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the pudding mix and the milk together and whisk until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Place the sliced bananas over the vanilla wafers.
- Pour the pudding over the bananas.
- Cover and refrigerate about 1 hour.
- Top with whipped cream if desired.