How does a piping hot bowl of savory soup loaded with flavorful chunks of fresh vegetables sound to you right now? If you're thinking the way I'm thinking, the answer is a resounding YES, please!
This flavorful curry dish is packed with the powerful yet tasty immune boosting combination of garlic, onions and ginger. You'll find thick pieces of cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, sweet potatoes, spinach and sweet apples.
It's a fabulous and unique combination of flavors!
Curried Veggie Soup
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, diced
- 2 cloves large garlic, minced
- 1/2 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 pieces head of cauliflower, chopped into bite-size
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 large green apple, peeled and chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 inch large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2 cubes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 handful fresh basil, chopped (optional)
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat and saute the shallot, garlic, onion and ginger until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the curry powder and stir well, cooking for about 2 minutes more.
- Add the cauliflower and broccoli and stir well to mix with the other ingredients.
- Add the apple, carrots and sweet potato chunks and stir.
- Pour in the chicken broth, raise the heat, and bring to a boil.
- Put the lid on the pot, lower the heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked through.
- Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the spinach and allow it to wilt, about 2 minutes.
- Add the cream, agave nectar, lime juice, salt, pepper and basil. Let sit for a few minutes before serving.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.