Easy Miso Soup without Dashi
When I think of healthy comfort food, Miso Soup immediately comes to mind. It's light, it's fresh and is so full of flavor. Best of all, easy to prepare.
Servings: 6 servings
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- 3 green onions , thinly sliced
- 2 cups kale , thinly chopped
- 2 cups firm tofu , diced
- 3 tablespoons miso paste
Put the vegetable broth in a pot set to medium high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and bring to a simmer.
Add in the green onions and kale and cook for about 5 minutes.
Add in the tofu and continue to simmer for another 5 minutes.
Remove pot from the heat. Spoon the miso paste into a bowl and add a ladle of the soup (about 1/2 cup). Whisk to mix it and dissolve the miso paste.
Add it into the pot and stir well.
Add salt if desired.
- Although I couldn't find miso paste on the shelf in my grocery, please ask because it might be stored in bulk in the back of the store. Also, many stores do carry miso paste on the shelf, so be sure to look around.
- Miso paste will keep for a long time in the refrigerator. Just make sure you keep it in the back part of the fridge and in a sealed container.
- You can use miso paste in salad dressings mixed with a little olive oil and lemon juice, or in marinades. It's especially good on broiled salmon.