Mediterranean Orzo Salad
A gorgeous Mediterranean Orzo Salad made with fresh spinach, sundried tomatoes, salty kalamata olives, savory feta cheese, crunchy cucumbers and toasted pine nuts tossed in a simple balsamic vinaigrette.
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 16-ounce package uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 10-ounce package baby spinach leaves , finely chopped
- 3/4 cup feta cheese , crumbled
- 1 medium cucumber , peeled and diced
- 1/2 red onion , finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 3/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup Italian Parsley , chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes , chopped
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives , sliced
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the orzo and cook for about 8 minutes or until al dente. Drain, rinse in cold water and set aside.
Toss the spinach, feta, cucumber, red onion, garlic, pine nuts, basil, black pepper, parsley and dill in a large bowl. Add the orzo and stir well.
Whisk together the balsamic vinegar and olive oil in a small bowl.
Pour over the orzo salad and toss.
Top with sun-dried tomatoes and olives.
Refrigerate and serve cold.