Chicken And Quinoa Salad
This Chicken and Quinoa salad is loaded with crunchy, flavorful vegetables such as, red onions, sweet cherry tomatoes, cucumbers and jalapeno peppers and mixed with a white wine vinaigrette. It's a perfect summertime meal.
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 large cucumber, chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound chicken breasts, cooked
- Salsa Verde (optional)
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds (optional)
Place the cooked quinoa in a large bowl. Add to the bowl, the tarragon, parsley, red onion, tomatoes, pepper and cucumber. Toss to mix the ingredients together.
In a small bowl, whisk the white wine vinegar and olive oil together. Pour over the salad.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Top with slices of chicken.
Serve with Salsa Verde and top with toasted almonds, if desired.