Spinach and Orzo Salad
A classic Spinach and Orzo Salad combining red onion, feta cheese, pine nuts, basil, sun dried tomatoes and tossed with a balsamic vinegar and olive oil dressing. A delicious and colorful cold salad.
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 16-ounce package uncooked orzo pasta
- 10 ounces baby spinach leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 pound feta cheese , crumbled
- 1/2 medium red onion , finely chopped
- 3/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes , chopped
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives (optional)
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the orzo and cook for about 8 minutes or until al dente. Drain, rinse in cold water and set aside.
Toss the spinach, feta, onion, pine nuts, basil and pepper in a large bowl. Add the orzo and stir well. Mix together the olive oil and balsamic vinegar in a small bowl. Pour over the spinach and orzo salad and toss.
Top with sun dried tomatoes and kalamata olives.
Refrigerate and serve cold.
- You can make this spinach and orzo salad ahead of time and keep it in the refrigerator. You can even double the ingredients to make an extra large salad for serving a big group.
- Feel free to use the ingredient amounts listed in the recipe as a guide and add more or less depending on your preferences.
- You might like to consider adding cooked, chopped bacon to your orzo salad.