Isabel’s Famous New Orleans Muffulettas Recipe
You'll find layers of ham, turkey pastrami, hard salami, pepperoni and provolone cheese along with a special olive spread in this Muffuletta recipe.
Servings: 3 sandwiches
- 1/2 pound Ham
- 1/2 pound Turkey Pastrami
- 1/2 pound Hard Salami
- 1/2 pound Pepperoni
- 1/2 pound Provolone
- 16 oz . jar Green Olives
- 2 small cans crushed Black Olives
- 2/3 bag matchstick carrots
- grated parmesan cheese to taste
- Your choice of clear Vinaigrette or Italian dressing
- 3 loaves of Bread (Suggestion: Walmart baked bread loaf i.e. braided, Italian, etc.)
Place the green olives and carrots in the base of a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix the green olives and carrots with the black olives and a little parmesan cheese in a large bowl.
Add a little salad dressing to hold the mix together.
Slice the bread horizontally and on one half, layer the meats, then the provolone and finish with the olive salad.
Place the other half of bread on top.
Brush melted butter on top of the bread.
Wrap the sandwich in foil and bake for about 50 minutes.
Remove the sandwich from the oven and before unwrapping, gently push down on the sandwich.
Unwrap, slice and serve.