Garlic and Smoked Paprika Ground Beef Lettuce Wraps
Light and flavorful California inspired Garlic and Smoked Paprika Ground Beef Lettuce Wraps - a fun, tasty and low calorie dinner.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6-8 leaves wide lettuce (I prefer using romaine because it is sturdier but iceberg or bibb lettuce work well too)
- 1 avocado , sliced
- 1 roma tomato , sliced
- 1/2 cup cabbage or coleslaw , shredded
- cheddar cheese , shredded (optional)
Heat olive oil in a medium skillet on medium high heat.
Add the ground beef to the pan stirring to break up pieces. Add in the garlic, turmeric, paprika, salt and pepper and stir occasionally until ground beef is completely browned.
Remove from heat and set aside.
Place a scoop of the ground beef into each lettuce leaf.
Top with slices of avocado, tomato and shredded cabbage.
Finish with cheese, if desired.