Apple, Kale and Cabbage Salad
Beautiful Apple, Kale and Cabbage Salad with crunchy carrots, raw kale and red cabbage mixed alongside sweet apples, slivered almonds and sweet dried blueberries, then topped with a sweet and tangy apple cider vinaigrette.
Servings: 6 servings
- 4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- pinch black pepper
- 2 large carrots , scrubbed, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1/2 head red cabbage , finely chopped (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups kale , finely chopped
- 1 large apple , peeled, cored and diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup dried blueberries (or other dried fruit)
In a small bowl, whisk together the apple cider vinegar, olive oil, honey, salt and pepper. Set aside.
Place the carrots, cabbage, kale and apples in a large bowl.
Mix in the lemon juice.
Add the almonds and dried blueberries.
Pour the vinaigrette over the top and toss.