Loaded Potato Casserole
If you love loaded baked potatoes, you'll love this Loaded Potato Casserole. This super rich and creamy casserole is perfect to bring to a potluck or share with family and friends.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time35 mins
Total Time55 mins
Servings: 12 servings
- 8 medium-sized Yukon gold potatoes, scrubbed, quartered and unpeeled
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and gently smashed
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon butter, room temperature (plus more for greasing the pan)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Add the potatoes, cream, milk, garlic and rosemary into a large saucepan and gently boil for 15 minutes until potatoes are just tender and the tip of a paring knife goes through with a little resistance.
Remove from the heat and mash the potatoes with the liquid until smooth and creamy.
Add the sour cream, the stick of butter, salt and pepper and mix together well.
Stir in the eggs, 3 cups of the cheese and cooked bacon.
Butter a 9x13 baking dish. Place the potato mixture in the prepared casserole and top with the remaining cup of shredded cheese. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until bubbly around the edges and heated through.