Texas Governor’s Mansion Cookies...with a twist
This recipe for Texas Governor's Mansion Cookies combines rich, creamy chocolate, crunchy walnuts and sweet yet subtle coconut flakes. A variation of the original, this Texas sized cowboy cookie is sure to please.
Servings: 3 dozen cookies
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups butter at room temperature, 3 sticks
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 cups dark chocolate chips
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups sweetened flake coconut
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a bowl and set aside.
In a very large bowl, beat the butter with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Slowly beat in the sugars and combine thoroughly.
Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
Beat in the vanilla.
Stir the flour mixture until combined.
Stir in the chocolate chips, oats, coconut and walnuts.
For each cookie, drop 1/4 cup dough onto lined cookie sheets, spacing 3 inches apart.
Bake for 15-17 minutes.
Remove cookies from oven and transfer to a rack to cool.