Smoked Sausage and Shrimp Gumbo
Easy to make Smoked Sausage and Shrimp Gumbo - perfect for any occasion.
Servings: 8 people
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup H-E-B Chopped Celery and Onion
- 1 cup H-E-B Diced 3-Color Bell Pepper
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1 tbsp Chef Paul Prudhomme's Seafood Magic
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes canned
- 14 1/2 ounces chicken broth
- 1 pound H-E-B Premium Beef Links Smoked Sausage cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 2 cups H-E-B Cut Okra
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pound H-E-B Wild Gulf Brown Shrimp frozen, peeled and deveined
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp gumbo file'
Combine flour and oil to make a roux in a heavy 5‑quart Dutch oven or stockpot; stir constantly over medium heat for 10 minutes, or until flour turns a deep golden brown color.
Add celery, onions and peppers to roux, and sauté 5 minutes; add garlic, thyme, and Seafood Magic, and sauté 1 minute; stir in tomatoes with juice, chicken broth, sausage, okra, and bay leaf; bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium‑low, cover and simmer 20 minutes.
Add shrimp, pushing them down into liquid; simmer 4 minutes until shrimp turn pink; season with salt and pepper.
Remove from heat, and stir in gumbo filé.