We’re big pizza lovers. Anytime I ask my kids what they’d like for dinner, pizza is usually their answer. I’ve had this idea for an Oven Roasted Tomato, Mango and Goat Cheese Pizza in my head for days, so when my kids requested pizza, I knew it would be a perfect time to make this one.
I love the taste of roasted cherry tomatoes. As they roast in the oven, their skins burst and their juices run. Plus, they have such a deliciously sweet taste I just want to eat the entire pan!
We’ve also been eating mangos like crazy around here and even put them in our ice cream – SO GOOD!!
Why goat cheese, you ask? Why not? The creamy, tart flavor of goat cheese is perfect to balance the sweetness of the mangos. So…why not use these three fabulous summer flavors to create a mouthwatering, flavorful pizza.
We did it, we loved it and I’m sure you will too!
You can either make your own pizza dough or buy the pre-packaged dough. It’s perfect to use when you want a fresh tasting dough in a single pouch. You simply roll it out, place it on the pan and add your toppings. It’s great for busy evenings. But use whichever you like, the real delight is in the toppings, trust me.
Top the pizza dough with tomato sauce, the roasted tomatoes, slices of mango and the goat cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Take your pizza to a new level with these three foods whose flavors compliment each other so well. You’ve got the tart, the tangy and the sweet all in perfect balance.
To roast the cherry or plum tomatoes: Heat the oven to 400 degrees F. Rinse and dry the tomatoes and place on large baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and a pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven.
Other recipes you might like…
Roasted Tomato, Mango And Goat Cheese Pizza
- Pizza dough (homemade or your favorite brand)
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, roasted
- 1 mango, peeled, sliced and cubed
- 1 lb goat cheese, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place the pizza dough on a baking sheet.
- Spoon the tomato sauce over the top of the dough.
- Scatter the roasted tomatoes over the sauce.
- Top with mango chunks and crumbled goat cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese has softened and melted.