Make Ahead Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Burritos filled with spicy black beans, onions and garlic, eggs, cheese and cilantro. Make a bunch and freeze for easy grab and go breakfasts.
Click HERE to sign up to receive new recipes in your inbox!
Today is the beginning of a new school year here in Texas and over the weekend, I prepared a batch of these Make Ahead Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Burritos to make our mornings easier.
Each of these breakfast burritos is filled with spicy black beans, eggs, cheese and cilantro and individually frozen. In the mornings, we grab one and put it in the microwave to heat and can enjoy a delicious breakfast in minutes.
I make these for my husband and daughter but if you’re one of my readers who come to ZagLeft for Recipes For One, these breakfast burritos will be perfect for you.
The black bean mixture is probably my favorite part of the burrito. I open up a can of black beans, rinse them and drain them. I heat them up in a pan along with chopped onions and garlic and a few chopped chipotle peppers. I like my breakfast burritos a little spicy but if you don’t, just leave the chipotle peppers out.
I spread a layer of the black beans on top of a tortilla, then layer with scrambled eggs, cheese and cilantro – so easy!
These Huevos Rancheros Burritos are also great served with a bowl of salsa for dipping…
These breakfast burritos take literally minutes to make and after the burritos are assembled, wrap them in plastic wrap and store them in a large zip top bag.
These Huevos Ranchero Breakfast Burritos will surely make your morning easier. A healthy, protein packed breakfast that will take the stress out of the breakfast rush.
Thank you so much for reading! Are you following us on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram? We’d love to connect, drop by and say hello! If you’d like to read more from ZagLeft, be sure to subscribe to never miss a post!
As a gift to our readers, subscribers can receive our free eCookbook.
Make Ahead Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Burritos filled with spicy black beans, onions and garlic, eggs, cheese and cilantro.
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped (about 1 )
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3-4 ounce Chipotle peppers- almost 1/2 can of a 7- can of Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce. (I used Goya brand)
- 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 10 inch tortillas
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the onions, cumin and salt and cook stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes longer.
- Add the Chipotle Peppers and cook for a minute, stirring.
- Add the beans and cook for a minute more. Remove from heat. Set aside.
- In a separate skillet, melt the remaining tablespoon butter, swirl pan to coat. Add the eggs; cook 4-5 minutes or until eggs are cooked. Remove from heat, transfer eggs to a plate and set aside.
- Place tortillas on a work surface. Add a large spoonful of the beans in the center of the tortilla, followed by another large spoonful of the eggs (roughly 1/4 cup), followed by 1 tablespoon of shredded cheddar cheese and 1/2 teaspoon chopped cilantro.
- To fold the burrito: Fold the sides in, use your thumbs to bring up the bottom of the tortilla, roll up the tortilla tightly.
- Wrap each burrito in plastic wrap and place burritos in a large plastic bag. Store for up to 3 months.
Other recipes you might like…