Make your hamburgers stand out with these easy to make Homemade Hamburger Buns…
Do you want to know how to make a typical hamburger stand out?
Make your own hamburger buns…
These hamburger buns are surprisingly easy to make. If you have a stand mixer, it does all the work. If you don’t, well you’ll have to do a bit more in terms of kneading the bread, but when I knead bread, I look at it as my form of therapy. I use that time to simply think or zone out, if you will.
In fact, I have hamburger buns in my oven right now…
In my opinion, there’s no lovelier smell in the world than freshly baking bread…
You’ll find these hamburger buns to be very moist and soft on the inside with a lovely crunch on the outside. Please don’t limit these buns for simply burgers, they’re perfect for “jazzing” up any sandwich.
Make your hamburgers stand out with these easy to make Homemade Hamburger Buns. Tender and buttery, these homemade hamburger buns are perfect.
- 1 teaspoons package of active-dry yeast (2 1/4)
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons butter , melted ( 2 tablespoons for the bread mixture and 1 tablespoon for the topping)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds (optional)
- Open the yeast packet and put the contents in a small bowl and add the warm water. Stir and allow to dissolve.
- In either a large bowl or the bowl of a standing mixer, stir together the milk, egg, salt, sugar and butter. Add the yeast mixture and stir. Then add all the flour and stir until well combined.
- Knead at low speed if using the mixer with a dough hook or if mixing by hand turn the dough mixture out onto a floured surface and knead for 10 minutes. The dough should be smooth and elastic.
- Return the dough to the mixing bowl and cover. Let the dough rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, at least 2 hours.
- After that time, punch the dough down and knead it briefly then cover the bowl again and let it sit for another 30 minutes.
- Grease a baking sheet and divide the dough into about 8 or 9 pieces. Shape each piece into a ball.
- Transfer the balls of dough to the baking sheet. Using a pastry brush, brush the remaining tablespoon of melted butter over each ball of dough. Sprinkle the sesame seeds over each bun if desired.
- Bake in the preheated 375 degree oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove the buns from the oven, allow them to cool and slice in half to use as buns.
** You can also make smaller "balls" of dough to make dinner rolls.