Whether you’re cooking for one this Thanksgiving or cooking for a small number, this flavorful Herb Crusted Turkey Roast For One needs to be on your menu. This boneless turkey is tender and juicy and so easy to cook!
Thanksgiving is right around the corner and today I have for you a recipe for Herb Crusted Turkey Roast For One. As you can see in the pictures, this turkey roast will certainly feed more than one person, but I’m labeling it as a “for one” recipe to demonstrate how anyone who is cooking only for themselves can still enjoy a turkey dinner on Thanksgiving. Besides, a Thanksgiving dinner for one needs leftovers too, right?
I recently shared my single serving Pecan Pie For One recipe with you and for the next couple of weeks, I’ll be sharing all kinds of traditional Thanksgiving side dishes that serve one. We’ll begin with this tender and juicy Herb Crusted Turkey Roast and I know you’ll love it.
A boneless turkey roast is a great option when you don’t want to cook a large whole turkey. This boneless turkey roast from Butterball is 3 pounds, the perfect size if you’re cooking for one or if you’re cooking for just a few people.
A boneless turkey roast combines both white and dark meat, it’s a great choice if you like both types. It also cooks fairly quickly compared to roasting a whole turkey – a 3-pound turkey roast cooks for around 2 hours in the oven.
For the herb crust, I make a herb paste with dried basil, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, black pepper and a touch of olive oil. I rub the paste all over the turkey, then I top the turkey with butter.
The turkey roast cooks until the internal temperature reaches 175° F, which is usually around 2 hours.
I love that a turkey roast is so incredibly tender and very juicy. The smaller size means I can still have a little left over but won’t be eating turkey for a week. The leftover turkey would be wonderful in place of chicken in a Chicken Salad, or in a Chicken Soup.
Thank you so much for reading! Are you following us on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram? We’d love to connect, drop by and say hello! If you’d like to read more from ZagLeft, be sure to subscribe to never miss a post!
As a gift to our readers, subscribers can receive our free eCookbook.
Be sure to check out our other Thanksgiving For One recipes…
Whether you're cooking for one this Thanksgiving or cooking for a small number, this flavorful Herb Crusted Turkey Roast For One needs to be on your menu.
- 3 pound turkey roast, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, sliced
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Remove roast from package; pat dry with paper towels. Leave string netting on roast.
- In a small bowl, mix together the basil, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Stir in the olive oil and make a paste.
- Rub spice mix over the entire roast and place on a roasting rack in a roasting pan.
- Place slices of butter on top of roast.
- Bake 1 3/4 to 2 hours, or until meat thermometer inserted in center of roast reaches 175 degrees F.
- Cover roast with foil and let stand at least 10 minutes before removing string netting and carving.
Products used in this recipe…
This post contains affiliate links. If I like a product and that product has an affiliate program, then I will link to that product using an affiliate link. Using an affiliate link means that, at zero cost to you, I might earn a commission on a product if you buy something through my affiliate link. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Other recipes you might like…