It’s College Meal Monday and today I’m talking breakfast.
What, you skip breakfast? No, no, no!
You know you shouldn’t, I get that. We all know we shouldn’t skip breakfast. In my early college days and beyond, I was a breakfast skipper too. It was all about time – who had any?!
Rushing to classes, coming home to do homework, staying up late for studying (or not) – a crazy busy life. But what I came to realize (and you will too) is that breakfast really is the most important meal of the day.
Yes, I know I sound like your mom. Well, I am a mom and it’s true.
Skip breakfast and you feel it by ten. Eat breakfast and you’ll be more alert and can concentrate better. Plus, there have been studies that show that when you eat a good breakfast, it’s easier to stay in shape (because you snack less on bad stuff). Easier to stay in shape? That’s all I need to hear!
These easy to make Ham, Cheese and Egg Breakfast Bagels are s-i-m-p-l-e! You can make them in under 10 minutes. Better yet, make a few at a time and you have breakfast already made for a few days. Just heat ’em up and eat ’em.
Here’s all you need:
1 egg, 1 slice of ham, 1 slice of cheese (your favorite kind) and a bagel.
And for the equipment:
a frying pan and a toaster.
Here’s all you do…
Slice a bagel in half and toast it.
In a small frying pan, melt 1/2 tablespoon of butter. While the butter is melting, crack an egg into a bowl and lightly beat it.
Pour the egg into your pan.
Place a piece of cheese and a slice of ham on top of the egg and leave it alone to cook.
When the edges and the center of the egg is cooked (no more runny egg) , place a spatula under one side of the egg and flip it over so it covers the other side of the egg. It will resemble an omelette.
Remove from the heat. Butter your bagel and place the ham, egg and cheese “omelette” on one slice of the bagel. Place the other bagel on top and there you have a breakfast bagel.
Products I recommend – Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Stainless Steel 8-inch frying pan
**Disclaimer – there are Amazon affiliate links included in this post.
- 1 bagel
- 1/2 tablespoon butter plus more for the bagel
- 1 egg lightly scrambled
- 1 slice ham
- 1 slice cheddar cheese or your favorite cheese
- Slice the bagel in half, toast it in your toaster, butter both sides and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a small frying pan on medium high heat.
- When the butter melts, pour in the egg.
- Place a slice of ham and a slice of cheese on top of the egg.
- Cook until the edges are firm and the center is no longer runny.
- Using your spatula, gently flip the egg over so that one side touches the other (it will resemble and omelette).
- Remove from the heat. Place "omelette" on one half of your bagel and top with the other half.