Simple and delicious Oven Roasted Parmesan Crusted Roasted Brussel Sprouts…
Here’s a recipe I’m sharing today for Parmesan Crusted Roasted Brussel Sprouts.
A little background…I grew up hating brussel sprouts. I never liked the soggy feel of them after being cooked in water on the stove. It took me a long time to want to taste them as an adult because I always anticipated the same taste and texture. However, I’ve been on quite a “vegetable roasting spree” lately and I thought it might be interesting to see if brussel sprouts might actually taste better by roasting them in the oven. As I suspected, roasted brussel sprouts are delicious! The outsides were a little crispy and charred. They were juicy on the insides and not at all soggy.
To make these little “gems”, you first need to rinse them well under cold, running water. Next, cut off the tiny stem at the end and peel away a couple of the outside, raggedy leaves. Place the brussel sprouts on a large, rimmed baking sheet , pour olive oil over the top and sprinkle a little salt and pepper over them. Using your hands, mix them thoroughly and distribute them evenly around the baking sheet. After you’ve baked them for about 35-40 minutes, remove them from the oven and sprinkle freshly shredded parmesan cheese over the top. They heat from the brussel sprouts melts the cheese nicely and if you want to pop the brussel sprouts in the oven a minute more to further melt the cheese you can.
These little brussel sprout “poppers” are so tasty! You’ll find yourself popping them in your mouth as you prepare the rest of your dinner. So for all of you, “brussel sprout haters”, please don’t hate…try this different way of preparing your brussel sprouts! Let me know what you think…
Oven Roasted Parmesan Crusted Roasted Brussel Sprouts...
- 1 pound fresh brussels sprouts
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese , freshly shredded or grated
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse brussels sprouts under cool, running water. Cut off the stem at the end and peel away the first two or three outside leaves. Pour the olive oil over the brussels sprouts and sprinkle them with salt and pepper. Bake them for 35-40 minutes. Remove from the oven and scatter the parmesan cheese over the tops. Serve while hot.