It’s Friday, it’s finally the weekend, it’s hot and you need a cold summertime treat! Today I’m sharing my recipe for sweet and creamy Mango Coconut Ice Cream. Mangos are naturally sweet and juicy and I think they’re a perfect in ice cream. I’ve been on a mango kick lately. I buy several every week and EJ and I have been enjoying them for breakfast. They’re high in sugar, but they also are high in fiber and high in Vitamins A and C.
Surprisingly, mangos are a fairly new fruit to me. I bought my first mango just a few years ago, I guess I wasn’t really sure how to peel and cut them. Weird, huh? I’m glad I gave into my curiosity and figured it out because they are so darn good.
Mangos and coconut are a perfect match. These two tropical flavors go so well together and in a creamy base of ice cream…YUM!
Simply place the diced mangos into a blender, add heavy cream, milk and sugar and puree. Pour it all into your ice cream maker and process according to your machine’s directions. When the ice cream is almost done, add about 1/2 cup shredded coconut. My batch of ice cream took about 20 minutes to get to a thick, soft serve type consistency, which is fine to eat if you like it that way. I decided to pour the ice cream into a pan and place it in the freezer to harden a bit.
Other recipes you might like…
Mango Coconut Ice Cream
- 2 mangos, peeled and diced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Place all the ingredients into a blender and puree.
- Pour the mixture into your ice cream maker and process according to your machine's directions. (Mine took about 20 minutes to thicken)
- During the last five minutes or so of the processing, add in the shredded coconut.
- Enjoy when it's finished or transfer to a container and freeze for later.
- If enjoying later, allow the ice cream to sit for about 5 minutes before scooping.