Pretty and festive White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies made with fresh cranberries…
We’re almost into the month of December, the holidays are here and I’m in full fledged baking mode. Christmas is my favorite time of the year. I love seeing the decorations up and most of all, I love to begin my holiday baking.
This recipe for White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies is my first Christmas cookie recipe to post and it’s such a lovely cookie to bring to a cookie swap or place on any cookie tray. The red and white color combination gives these cookies a festive, holiday feel. I love the tart taste of the cranberries paired alongside the sweet, rich chunks of white chocolate.
Although dried cranberries have their place in the cooking and baking world, I really enjoy baking with fresh cranberries. I think fresh cranberries are a bit underrated and often underused. We (I) tend to limit the use of cranberries to making cranberry sauce, but really, cranberries taste great in lots of foods. When I bake with fresh cranberries, I coarsely chop them in my food processor and they “cook” while they’re baking in either muffins or cookies.
Holiday White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
- 12 tablespoons butter , softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cranberries , coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, vanilla and milk and beat until combined. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon together.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Fold in the cranberries and white chocolate chips.
- Drop by heaping tablespoons onto a greased cookie sheet spaced 2 inches apart.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
Thank you so much for reading! Are you following us on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram? We’d love to connect, drop by and say hello! If you’d like to read more from ZagLeft, be sure to subscribe to never miss a post!
As a gift to our readers, subscribers can receive our free eCookbook.