Boy, it’s been hot in Houston! No big surprise, I suppose. Summer in Houston is always hot and for me, that means I’m making lots of salads. I often enjoy preparing a big salad for dinner and I love to use the leftovers for the next day’s lunch. This flavorful salad packed with Edamame, Sweet Corn and Black Beans certainly fits the bill for a cool, summertime meal. It’s a beautiful rainbow of colors in a bowl!
This salad is certainly a cool and refreshing dish. In addition to being full of fresh flavors, it’s so pretty and colorful. These pictures certainly don’t do it justice. The salad is not only beautiful but each bite is a mouthful of summertime flavors. It’s a perfect salad to bring to a pot luck dinner! The edamame I found were from Trader Joe’s. I needed to cook them in water for about 5 minutes, but I’ve seen them at other grocery stores in the steam-able bags, which is so convenient!
This salad is so easy to prepare! I simply combined the ingredients in a large bowl and prepared a simple lemon vinaigrette to drizzle on top. Cool, easy and refreshing!
Edamame, Sweet Corn and Black Bean Salad
- 12 oz edamame , shelled and cooked
- 1 cup corn
- 15 oz can black beans , rinsed and drained
- 1 medium red pepper , chopped
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Cook edamame according the the package directions.
- Add to a large bowl along with the corn, black beans and chopped red pepper.
- Whisk together the ingredients for the vinaigrette.
- Stir in the vinaigrette and mix well.